Summary: Storage of Powder coating, Construction environment,Lost light phenomenon
Storage of Powder coating, Construction environment,Lost light phenomenon
1. Storage of Powder
The storage of the powder has a great influence on its quality. The stored powder will generally be in a ventilated and dry place with a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees.
Powders of different varieties cannot be placed together to avoid mutual contamination. Powders from different manufacturers, during the construction, the powder must be recycled, that is to say, after the batch is used up, the next batch is used. If the powder is not used up, the box must be sealed to avoid contamination.
2. Construction Environment
The powder construction unit has different requirements on the environment, and there are closed doors in the open air, and there are various production workshops.
The correct powder application environment should be independent and equipped with powder recycling equipment. Do not put unused powder in the spray chamber. Every day before going to work, the spray booth should be thoroughly cleaned with a mop or vacuum cleaner. The dust concentration in the spray chamber should not be too large. First of all, it is not good for human health. What is more important is that when a certain amount of powder reaches a certain concentration, it will explode, which is very dangerous. Because the main component of the powder is chemical raw materials, it is flammable, and fireworks must be prohibited in the spray chamber.
The loss of light and treatment of the powder
(1) The powder is likely to lose surface light in the oven for more than the specified time and temperature. Epoxy polyester (indoor) powder generally does not exceed 190 degrees. Pure polyester powders generally have a constant temperature of no more than 220 degrees.
The heat required for the material varies, so the time placed in the furnace varies. For example, aluminum type, thin iron plate, etc. can be placed in the furnace for less than 15-20 minutes. Large metal parts and the like are generally placed in the furnace for 30-60 minutes.
(2) In order to reduce waste during construction, the recycled powder is added to the new powder and mixed, which often causes the surface of the workpiece to lose light. The correct method is to add about 3 kg of powder (normal), generally not more than 5 kg, otherwise it will lose light.
(3) The powder is agglomerated due to high temperature or excessive extrusion. This situation often causes the powder to lose its light. In this case, the problem is generally solved by treating the agglomerated powder with a sieve and then combining it with the un-agglomerated powder.
(4) The powders of different manufacturers are mixed with each other, and the powder will lose light due to mutual interference. If you need powder from different manufacturers, you must clean the powder supply barrel, spray gun, powder tube and surrounding environment of the electrostatic generator, and then switch to another powder.
(5) The powder should not be stored too long. If the time is too long, the gloss will change. Generally, the powder with higher gloss will be stored for too long. Some powder will also lose light after construction. Low-gloss powder, such as black matt, gray dull, etc., storage time is too long and then there is a possibility of corrugated sand.
(6) The transparent powder interferes with other powders. As long as you have used transparent powder during construction, if you want to change other powders, you must clean and thoroughly clean the gun, powder supply bucket and spray chamber.